Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Kodachrome moment - hiking with me, myself, and my camera

A Sunday, May 2013

Kodachrome Basin State Park, near Cannonville, Utah

From my previous post, you may recall the day started with Jim in his cave and I'm heading south from our campground on Utah Scenic Bypass 12, then following the signs through Cannonville (and a quick stop ... the attempted B&E into a closed visitor center) then onward to Kodachrome. Well is was an easy 10 mile drive to the park entrance.

Here I found stunning scenery, giant towering spires dot the landscape with the colored ribbon walls of the Grand Staircase-Escalante Monument as it's backdrop.

Put your hiking boots on and join me on the video tour.






Visitor Center

Spring weather in southern Utah is unpredictable and changes rapidly


Compare the size of this giant next to the fully grown tree




1 comment:

  1. Thanks ... it's well worth the trip south of Bryce Canyon National Park.

    ReplyDelete